Most people assume that the Internet is the way to bet revolution, just as it revolutionized the way many other things in life. However, recent prevalence studies have proved that the number of people betting online is still not as popular as other forms of betting such as phone betting, going down the bookmaker and being at the track. So for those who have not worked enough the benefits of online betting, instead of these alternatives, here are 10 good reasons why you should:
1. Betting free: Because of the amount of competition online, betting companies would encourage you to attend their service in the hope that a kind of brand loyalty. To entice you they will regularly offer a free bet. This betting is usually in the form of a closed bet (put a certain amount, which equals the sum) and will allow you to double your money, if not more. Around the large betting events like the World Series and the Kentucky Derby betting most of these free, making them a very attractive incentive system. When was the last time you walked into the betting shop and the lady behind the counter said; Here, have $10 on us”. Probably never!
2. Compare odds: There are many sites online which will allow bets on all types of comparison from all manor of weather events. You will be amazed at how much odds can vary from one bookmaker to another, and by using online odds comparison tools you can seek out the best odds. This type of information is only available online, but is to be used free of charge. If you are sat in the bookmakers all day you will only get the odds available from that specific shop, which may be much shorter than they are elsewhere.
3. Offers something that seems more and more popular, e.g. online specials such as “special reports”. This is something an online betting site will offer in advance of a sporting event to gain interest from bettors. This might look something like this, if your horse falls or if your team loses on penalties you get your stake back.
4. Betting other options: If you bet on something you have heard of betting exchanges and spread betting. These new betting sectors have largely formed due to the popularity of the internet, allowing all sorts of betting variables, with the final result being just one of them. Even if these bets have caused relatively new options controversy in the field and some sports, can not deny that they are very popular and here to stay.
5. Increased markets: Most bookies tend to offer the popular betting markets, such as horse racing, football, basketball, baseball. With online betting there is a wide range of betting on sports betting and foreign to choose political betting, novelty betting and much more. For example some betting websites will allow you to bet on something like the 2nd division of the German Handball league or Gaelic football matches in Ireland. To bet on sporting events and the experience was not unknown in this country, was made possible by the Internet. This can be hugely beneficial to bettors who follow all sorts of obscure leagues, sports or events.
6. Access to information: It takes no genius to see that you get a whole series of facts, figures, statistics and historical data from the Internet. This can be accessed very quickly at little or no cost. No matter how good the writer is a shortcut in your favorite newspaper, its never compete with the amount of data that is available on-line. There are all manor of forums, blogs and reports that can be easily accessed to assist you with your betting options.
7. Comfort: Why do they pull all but the bookies (which could be miles away), where you can relax in the comfort of your home and make your bets. Bookmakers tend to be dreary places with Formica chairs, lackluster decor and normally a bunch of sorry faces all around. He has a lot more sense, the kettle on, open the browser and check share Betting.
8. Speed: Provided you have a reliable broadband connection, online betting is instant. No waiting times or perhaps missing the start of the race or the game. You merely need to locate your bet, select your options and place your stake. All this can be done in the time to write the selection on the coupon. Some may feel that phone betting is just as quick, but you normally have to wait 5 to 20 seconds to connect to a representative. Why wait when you do not need?
9. Access from anywhere: Assuming it is legal in the jurisdiction where you play, so no reason why you can not make a bet from anywhere in the world, provided that you have an Internet connection. You can transfer money, place bets, check your account wherever you are and whatever time, day or night. Most bookmakers in the city’s main street open in the early evening, with the odd to stay open late.
The same goes for several telephone betting services, and just imagine the bill from your hotel when you have called in half a dozen bets.
10. Bets in the race: A new technology begins to become more and more online, which you bet on the run or during a game. This is highly sophisticated stuff that is changing the way we can bet quite dramatically. Can this in the world be, in the betting agencies, or even on the phone?
For some going down the bookmakers is so habitual, that it is impossible to change, but for others it should now be clear that the advantages are clear. Increase your chances of winning more bets by playing online.